Cities across the globe are adapting to the big data revolution. How and where are successful cities using new technologies to upgrade infrastructure and enhance resilience? Which cities are actively harnessing the power of urban innovations to advance their economic, social, and environmental sustainability goals? The Urban Sustainability Laboratory and Meeting of the Minds invite you to join us for a panel discussion about the tools, policies, and strategies for building urban resilience in the digital age.
- Scott Mauvais, Director, Technology & Civic Innovation, Microsoft
- Gordon Feller, Wilson Center Global Fellow; Founder, Meeting of the Minds; Consultant, Cisco Systems
- Jerry Miller, Director, Science and Technology for Sustainability Program, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- Blair A. Ruble, Vice President for Programs; Director, Urban Sustainability Laboratory; and Senior Advisor, Kennan Institute
- Jon Walton, Chief Information Officer, San Mateo County
- Mary Casillas Salas, Mayor, Chula Vista
Event is hosted by the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars of the Smithsonian Institution (Washington, DC). To register click here, to tune in to the live, free webcast of this event on January 20th from 1:30-4:30PM EST go to http://wilsoncenter.org/usl.