Well targeted announcement?

Home Forums ICT Well targeted announcement?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sylwia Korsak Sylwia Korsak 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Sylwia Korsak
    Keymaster

Working in social media I could not help but notice the announcement:

South by Southwest isn’t usually populated by a lot of suits or American flag lapel pins. Walking through the interactive festival you’re more likely to find entrepreneurs in too-tight t-shirts emblazoned with unfamiliar logos or “I heart hackathons” hoodies.

But this year Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx and the mayors of half a dozen major cities, each with their own lapel pin, gathered in the Austin, Texas, convention center to commune with these techies about one big area of common ground: Bringing urban transportation into the future.

Foxx unveiled the seven finalist cities in his “Smart City Challenge,” a competition to generate high-tech solutions to moving people and goods. Of the 78 cities that submitted applications, the finalists are Austin, Denver, Kansas City, Missouri, Pittsburgh, Portland, Oregon, and San Francisco. The final winner will be announced in June.”

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/16/street-smart-cities-of-the-future.html

I see it as a step towards bringing the authorities closed to the tech world to work together on #smartcity solutions. Would you agree?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.